It feels ages since I did a post! Well, it has been 8 days to be precise. Disgusting… I have been busy though! I’m sometimes reluctant to say what I’ve been up to though, as I don’t want to be one of those blogs that are all “Look at ME!! Look how fabulous my life is! Heeheehaha!” BUT – I have just had one of the best weeks of my life. I may be out of work right now, but I tell you what – after the week I’ve had I feel like one of the richest girls alive. So what have I been up to that makes me feel so full to the brim with happiness? I have been seeing my friends. Nothing fancy, no swanky trips abroad, just visiting friends and talking and laughing – a lot. I have the best friends ever and I’m so very grateful to each and everyone of you. I have been flitting around London and Yorkshire, catching up with old friends and meeting very lovely new ones too. And I just want to take this opportunity to give a shout out to my beautiful friend Alice, for always welcoming me into her home when I’m in London, and for talking with me endlessly about love, life and chia seeds, and for making me the most delicious raw breakfasts ever. Don’t know what I would have done without you recently! Thank you. And of course to the Bopster, the love of my life, and wind beneath my wings – for being there any minute of any day should I need her. AND for every single other person I saw this week, you know who you are! I would do a shout out for all of you I saw this week, but then I get the feeling people might think I was showing off or gushing a bit. It’s a fine line, you know…But I love you all just the same!
Right – now who wants to see some magic? If you have never made this banana ice cream before, then prepare to be amazed… It contains not three, not two, but ONE ingredient, my friends! You guessed it, BANANA. Nothing more, nothing less. “But how can you make ice cream out of nothing but bananas?” I hear you cry! Well, allow me to demonstrate…
MAGIC BANANA ICE CREAM
• Firstly, you need to take some bananas, peel them and slice them.
• Secondly, you need to put them in a tupperwear and put them in your freezer. Leave them in over night to freeze up properly.
• Thirdly – right, this ‘firstly-secondly’ business is getting a bit silly now. I’m gonna draw the line at ‘thirdly’ – we’re gonna go to pictures….
1. Take the frozen sliced banana, at least two cups full!
2. Place in a food processor a turn up the power! This may make a bit of a crazy noise as the blenders set to on the frozen bananas. After a minute it will look like this. (picture above!)
3. After another minute or two it will look like this. You will want to start scraping down the sides of the food processor bowl as it gets a bit crazy in there. Persevere – we’re not quite there yet!
4. And theeeeen…MAGIC!!! Look at it!!! All of a sudden, the banana gives up the fight and accepts it’s fate and finally becomes ice cream. And what beautiful ice cream it makes! Now I’ve made this many times, but I still can’t get over how amazing this is. I mean – it’s just banana.
5. LOOK AT IT!!!
6. Now stop looking at it, put it in a bowl, sprinkle on some cinnamon and eat, eat, eat! (Oh and it’s completely guilt free, remember?… I love raw food. )